I have been tagged
with what I call ‘The Wishing Tag’. Here goes:
Rule: Please thoughtfully consider the following, and choose one item for each of the categories below. (Be sure to describe your reasons for choosing)
1) One religious work from a non-familiar tradition you’ll read…
The Bible…I have always wanted to read it, but never really got around to it.
2) One song that you like–from your ‘least likely to listen to’ genre…
UPDATE: Initially I had put up the song ‘Ya Ali’ because I believed it was by Himeshbhai, HR songs being the genre I am least likely to listen to. But Niths was good enough to clear this misconception of mine. This song is actually sung by Pritam. I guess I got confused with the album ‘Ya Ali’. Anyways, with all due respect to Himeshbhai, this proves that he is not at all my type.
Now, to answer this question, let me choose a different genre. Tamil kutthu songs are another genre I am the least likely to listen to. However, I somehow love this song. Maybe because it has many beautiful memories associated with it. Check it out:
3) A book from a genre you almost never read, that you have read, or you will read (promise!):
I have never read psychology. I bought ‘Blink’ by Malcolm Gladwell a looooooooong time ago, and it is gathering dust in my library. I do intend to read that.
4) Somewhere you’d never thought to go on holiday/vacation, and why it might be fun to go there?
I would like to go to Seychelles some day. I fell in love with the place when I saw it in ‘Papa Kehte hain’. Go, have a look here
5) A specific food you’ve never tried, but will because of this meme, honest!
Trying out a new kind of food? I don’t need a meme for that. 😀
I have always wanted to try out Dhansak, a Parsi recipe, but I never really got around to it. Guess the time has come for me to do that.
6) A sport or game you really hate, or haven’t tried yet, but are willing to give one more go:
Sports and me are just not made for each other. As for games, I have never played Chess, but would like to try some day. God, the wish list is just going on growing!
7) A style of dance you probably won’t try (we won’t make you promise on this one):
I am fascinated by dance in general. Though I have never tried it myself, I love watching people dancing – be it Bharatnatyam, Garba, Raas, Ball dancing, just about anything. I just love watching all that energy, activity, and enthusiasm. I might just try out something someday, I never know! 🙂
8 ) A career job you don’t feel you’re suited for, and why:
Doctor – First of all, I would never make it past the exams with all that Science. Secondly, I don’t think I am cut out to deal with all that pain on a daily basis. To let you in on a secret, my parents wanted me to become a doctor. Thankfully, I didn’t go for it. I would have sucked horribly.
9) What is it that you will dare to wear which you have never worn before?
Something like this
. I have never worn such heavily embroidered stuff before, but would definitely like to try out someday.
10) If there’s one thing in life you wanted to do, and will do because of this meme, what will it be?
I promise to watch more English movies. 😀 I am a newbie wrt English and Tamil movies.
Now for the tagging. I tag these people:
~ Vijay Ganesh
~ Aparna S
~ Anyone else who wants to take this up
Waiting to read your versions, people! And thanks, Joel, it was great fun doing this!