Today is the final day of the positivity experiment and, I must say, it HAS helped. It has put me in a better frame of mind. Though all the 7 days I took up the experiment were not that great, it made me look closer for the things that were indeed great in my life. It made me look closer at life, and feel and enjoy it, something I’d kind of stopped doing in the humdrum of daily life.
Here’s my list of positivities for yesterday:
1. I was happy to chat with another long-lost friend. I don’t know why, these days, all my old friends seem to be thinking of me at the same time.
2. I was happy in anticipation of the weekend, and in anticipation of the hubby coming back from his office tour today.
3. I was happy for a job that makes me think.
4. I was happy to use my old cellphone once again, the one I had before marriage (as my new one is dead now 😦 ) I was happy to hear the same message tone, one that I used to love. It reminded me of my courtship days with the better half when the messages used to flow and my colleagues teased the hell out of me. 😛
5. I was happy to read this sincere, from-the-heart comment on one of my recent posts.
6. I was happy to have colleagues who bother enough to bring back desserts for their team when they go out for lunch.
7. I was happy I’ve broken out of my old mould. I’ve changed in quite a lot of ways, and all for the better.
8. I was happy for a better half who thinks of me whenever he sees books. 😛 Quite predictable! I was happy he cared enough to pick up a couple of used books on his tour, when he saw them being sold at throwaway prices. Can’t wait to get my hands on them. 🙂
And how has life been for you?