… in the new year 2011, to…
- Explore more of Bangalore. I want to feel the real Bangalore, see the city as Bangloreans see it. I want to go to places in small lanes and corners that usually go unnoticed – know what tourist sites and books do not tell you.
- Explore more places from my never-ending wish list. I have n number of places on my must-visit-before-I-die list, and so has the better half. I want to see as many of our dream destinations as I can this year.
- Improve the quality of my reading. I want to read more poetry, and more classics. I want to broaden my horizons in terms of the genres of books that I read. That applies to blogs as well. I want to read different kinds of blogs, and understand myself and the world better through them.
- Be a responsible book buyer. I want to be more careful and controlled in the buying of books. Rather than impulsive buying, I want to do meticulous research about books before I buy them – both in terms of storyline and cost.
- Read at least part of the books that have been patiently waiting since years on my book shelf, for me to pick them up.
- Understand Tamil better. I really want to.
- Make me-time which would enrich my soul. I have neglected this a whole lot in 2010, and don’t want to any more. I want to make time for myself to do things I love doing, to take things a bit more easy, to be a bit more relaxed, and to pamper myself in little ways.
- Make our house and garden look a lot more presentable than it is now.
- Establish more personal contacts in Bangalore. I practically have no friends here except family, and sometimes I desperately want someone other than family to talk to. Whenever I go out, it is with family, or to family get-togethers. I don’t mean to say I don’t like it, but it does get pretty lonely at times. I want to change that. Badly.
- Budget and plan my finances better. I am really hopeless at it.
- Write more. I have almost lost touch with the writer in me. I want her to come forth again. I want to write more on my blog, not just blog for the sake of it.
- Take the author interviews and guest posts on my blog a step further.
- Photograph more than I do now. I want to improve at photography.
- Get out of my comfort zone in music, that being Hindi music. I really want to explore the large part of music world that remains untouched by me yet.
- Cook more than I do now. I want to better myself at it.
- Challenge myself in little, personal ways and come out improved and a better person.
- Learn more about the world around me and generally be more aware. I am really pathetic at general awareness, and don’t want to be.
Wish me luck! Suggestions and help are most welcome! 🙂
The lovely Suko is doing a gracious New Year giveaway on her blog. Do check it out!! The giveaway is international, and ends on 5PM PST on Sunday, January 9. I’ve entered too, and this post is my submission for the giveaway!
All the best! 🙂